Header Ads

My star citizen fleet : The Money Makers

Greetings

With 3.5 being released to the wave 1 testers and a concept sale. It's time that I rearranged my fleet for 2019 and locking down certain ship for maximum value both in game and possibly best bang for buck.

Starting off will be the money making ships.

Currently in 3.4 these are your available option for making money.

1. Classic Quest/Mission running which involves combat, cargo delivery and good ol' find a beacon and press a button.

2. Cargo trading.

And lastly

3. Ore mining.

For no.1 any ship is able to complete those task, so having my starter ships ( yes I have both ) the Aurora and the 2018 anniversary Mustang Alpha.

The aurora is tied to a game package so nothing could be done and no I am not upgrading to a better ship. Next is the Mustang Alpha ( just a fancy anniversary skin) which was reworked and it looks fantastic! both sadly without LTI.

This 2 ship is ment to serve as a "show and tell" for new citizen as they are the most marketed starter ship ( also including the not so starter Avenger, which I will get with in game currency ) and both will be my short distance mission runner and possible high risk scouting ship as they are small and expendable.

Next comes the cargo trading. The staple game mechanic for any space sim game. Your earnings goes proportional to how much cargo you can pack.

Big = Better.

However for Star Citizen I choose a different route. Going with the Banu Merchantman(350 USD). This will be my primary ship in the game. Currently pitched as an alien faction ship paired up with a special game mechanic which is not flashed out yet so I could not comment on it. And it does cargo trading.



Being an alien faction I expected that there will be some faction grinding to buy in game so skipping that queue is always nice. But for maximum profit the Hull-E (650 USD) is your best bet.

And lastly mining, currently the only playable ship is the Prospector. But if I were to pay with real cash my as well get the biggest end game mining ship. The RSI Orion (450 USD).

Sadly nothing can be said about the ship yet. But with the current size up this would be my "working" class ship as mining can be either exciting, with active interaction or boring point and click in which X ore/h is the base for profit measurement. The only reason I have not pick this ship up yet is the last year price hike form 325 USD to 450 USD ( ouch! ). So hoping that I could get another maybe mid range alien miner put there? If no that this ship is a sure buy.



And that's it for this post. My choice money making ship for Star Citizen 2019
Coming up next is my choice for pew pew combat.
Brought to you by Average Casual Gamer since 2014. Powered by Blogger.